Thursday, May 21, 2009

This Is Where I Was...

This girl I met on my extension in Iraq was the most simple breathe of sunshine in my life at that time as well as the most real. I am a real person although when stressed maybe not the most sunshiny. Trying to figure out all these things in my life that don't come with a manual. Being completely honest: I am hard working, loyal, fun, and probably one of the most driven people in my peer group, however....I am harshly honest sometimes, sweetly sarcastic sometimes, impatient, demanding, and absent-minded lots of times and most people when they first meet me think either I am a asshole or weird, but when they get past the exterior... would say that I am funny, crazy, passionate about everything, and a perfectionist.... well depending on the situation and the day, my opinion changes... I have discovered that after being deployed in Iraq for 16 months, that anyone can do anything the want...they just have to want it bad enough. After seperating from my cheating husband, I have also discovered that I need to surround myself with people that have direction, dreams, and drive. With those things everything else falls into place... Probably my life doesn't have the capacity for anything but good people. I would say that I am self-aware that I am broken, and only now starting to heal. What I would call broken, my best friend calls damaged goods....anyway...my son comes first in my life, and he is a new little person everyday, always changing and growing, as am I, and with a two year old....you need patience and understanding.... something of which I am just learning to understand the true meaning of. I once had these instilled ideas that marriage meant a life long commitment to one person, well society has made it acceptable to pay for a divorce easier than some people can pay for a car note. I guess I am rambling...but simple, real, and fun people are what I see in my sight. I have just relocated from Alaska where I was stationed, and found a great new job. I had thought that when everything went not so great with my other half, I would go home to New Orleans, but then I thought after the hurricane, there really isn't anything left for me to go home to, so here I am to stay. Hopefully I can start back to school in the summer, and finish that out...but for now I am taking a break, just trying to get settled in a new place, and find my groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment